All income tax preparation and tax planning services are performed virtually, via Zoom and telephone.
- After our initial phone consultation, you will be emailed an invitation to our secure portal. The secure portal is where you will upload your tax and other sensitive documents, and where we will upload your tax returns.
- Once you complete secure portal invitation process (creating your password), you will have the ability to upload your documents to the secure portal.
New clients: Please upload a complete .pdf copy of your most recent federal and state income tax returns. (Ex. If Summer is preparing your 2021 tax returns, please upload a copy of your 2020 complete federal and state income tax returns, including all depreciation schedules and all carryover loses, if applicable.)
- Each November/December, prior to the next income tax year, returning income tax clients will receive a customized tax organizer in .pdf via the secure portal. New tax clients will not receive a tax organizer, since the tax organizer is based on their prior year tax data. Clients are to download/print the tax organizer, complete it, then scan/upload to the secure portal.
- As a tax client, you will receive an income tax Service Engagement Letter (SEL) via an email from Adobe. The SEL is to be reviewed and electronically signed. The SEL discusses the client’s responsibility and the Firm’s responsibility in regards to the tax data related tax returns, the scheduling of income tax preparation, related pricing structure, etc.
- Also in December, an invoice will be emailed to you via QuickBooks Online, requesting the prepaid $300 income tax service retainer. The $300 service retainer is applied towards the final tax return bill.
- As a tax client, once you have e-signed the SEL, uploaded all your tax documents to the secure portal, paid the $300 retainer and notified Summer Morris via email, Summer will add you to the tax preparation queue.
- Income tax returns are prepared on a first-come-first-served basis.
- All income tax documents are due 30 days prior to the income tax deadline, to ensure timely filing of the tax returns. If items are uploaded after the date, Summer will do her best to getthe tax returns completed on time, but they are not guaranteed against a late filing.
- If you have paper documents to submit you can either mail them to the following address or drop them off in person. To drop them off in person (the address is a UPS Store), the documents must be in a sealed envelope with the complete address written:
1007 W College Avenue #475
Santa Rosa, CA 95401