Paying Bills Online Via Melio within QuickBooks Online
- Login to Quickbooks Online (https://qbo.intuit.com/)
- Go to the “New” + tab and select bill, or select bill from the Dashboard (you must select bill and enter as a bill to pay online)
- Input bill details including date, vendor, category, amount, bill number (invoice number), address.
- Hit schedule payments online and follow the steps (ensure you input the bill number and or account number in reference line when it asks) If you are entering multiple bills, hit save and new. Once you’ve entered all bills you can go to the “new+” button and select “Pay Bills.” This will allow you to schedule multiple bills at once online.
- *If you have recurring vendors, it’s helpful to have their address saved in QuickBooks so it will auto populate the address. When you add them as the vendor and the address does not populate in a bill, you can go to the Expenses tab/ Vendors/ Find the Vendor/ Edit/ and input the address in the vendor details and save.
- Melio will print and mail checks for you or if you have their ACH information (routing and checking number) they will ACH the vendor free. If you do have a contact email for them, Melio will ask if you want to notify the vendor when payment is on the way and the system will let them know via email payment is on the way.